Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Lazy Saturday

I worked 48 hours this week; by Friday evening, I was so exhausted that I fell asleep at 7pm without ever eating dinner.  And I didn't wake up until 8am the next morning.  Phew!  Talk about a girl who needed her rest.

I popped out of bed in a great mood; no computer work to be done, and a house to clean!  I actually love cleaning my house.  You see, when I was a little girl, we had a really crappy apartment which my mom took great care of; however, I knew she didn't *love* it.  When you can't paint, can't change floors, can't make changes without the permission of the owner, for some reason, it just doesn't feel like your own place.  I've owned my house for nearly 11 years, and I love it.  There are things I want to change, and we're getting there, slowly but surely.

Missy is doing laundry today, but I managed to crank out five loads of the boys laundry while I worked; I'm doing dishes now, with a second load to be done shortly.  I'm going to sanitize the countertops, wipe the walls down, then sweep and mop the floors.  I have a really dirty bathroom to clean, clothes to put away, and I'd like to wash my sheets and blanket.  Mr. R is scheduled to be home tomorrow evening (although he just texted me to say that his truck broke down in NY and now he's not sure what's about to happen.)  Here's something interesting: I never told him that I cut my hair.  I guess he'll be surprised when he comes home.

So I wanted to share a picture that my aunt sent to me; a picture of me playing a toy school bus, when I am probably about 7, which would make this picture 1982.  And a picture of Bucket, playing with the same toy, in 2003?  He seems younger, but he was a very small 4 year old.


This picture brought me screaming back, mentally, to the days of the worst of the autism.  When he wouldn't speak, or look at me, and tried to hurt himself all the time.  I remember sitting at my aunt's dining room table in upstate NY, crying because I just didn't know what to do anymore, and she not having any answers; I am very close to my aunt.  I remember thinking, "Oh no, if Aunt Nancy doesn't know what to do, I am royally screwed."  I had never seen this picture before, and I'm grateful that she shared it with me.

I did take a quick trip to Goodwill today (remember this is secondary birthday weekend!) but only found a few books.  No clothes this time; that's what I love about Goodwill.  Sometimes, you find a million things, and others, not so much.  It's about the hunt!  Have you gone thrifting lately?

No comments: