Pages

Friday, December 17, 2010

A Loooong Week!

This week was coming off a 5 day weekend.  Monday was, seriously, the longest day I think I've ever worked.  10 hours with no break, except for when I had to drive up to the school to pick up Bucket because they told me he had lice.  Uhhh, no.  He had dandruff.  They sent my boy home because he had DANDRUFF.  I gave him my Head n Shoulders (I wash with it once a week to keep the flakes away, and it does a mostly fine job.)  Problem solved.  He played video games while I worked on over 200 accounts (!!!) and he even made me a sandwich.
By today, I had gotten that schedule down to a much more tolerable 61 accounts, but had to cover for another coworker who was out and ended up falling behind on my own schedule again.  Plus next week, I have to drive in for a department meeting, and of course we have Friday, Christmas Eve off.  I basically throw my hands up in defeat. 
I am not done with my Christmas shopping.  Mr. R's paychecks have been awful lately.  I'm not sure how I'm going to pull this off.  Not going to take out a loan although it's tempting to do it.  Neither one of us get paid again until Christmas Eve.  There is a possibility that we're going to sell some left over flooring to Tiger's music teacher.  That would make the difference.  So I'm just waiting to see if he wants to buy it.  He said he would call me, but he hasn't done so yet.
Mr. R's birthday is Christmas Eve.  We host a family luncheon every year.  He's going to be 38.  I sometimes have a hard time believing that I've known this man since he was 17 years old. 
Tomorrow on Saturday, I'm going to wrap the gifts that I do have, do some house cleaning and finish up my last class.  I'm grateful to have some time off school.  Starting in January, I'll actually be a full time student, and I have no idea how I'm going to pull it off, except Jesus.  I hope He will be taking my algebra class, and not me.  LOL.
Not much else to report.  Hope you are all well and keeping warm this year!

1 comment:

Jennifer M. said...

Wow, that's weird - why did they send him home for dandruff? Did they think it was lice?