Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Hooray for Hemp!

I never ever would have thought I'd have a post with THAT title! lololololol

Tonight I made my first ever hemp smoothie.  If you don't stuff that's thick and gritty, this is not for you.  I used:

8 oz of hemp milk
2 tbsp of hemp protein (it seriously smells like weed to me!)
3 tbsp of hemp seeds
Frozen strawberries
One banana
dash of vanilla

Drink up.  I've had about four swigs of it, and I'm full.  Seriously.  Tiger had a sip and said it was the most disgusting thing ever.  It definitely needs more fruit.  The recipe actually calls for 4 tbsp of hemp protein, but the smell was so intense I used half instead, and I'm glad I did.  I may halve the hemp seeds, too.  There is so much fiber in this drink that I may need to wear a diaper tomorrow.  If I halve the protein and seeds, it may not be as gritty, and hopefully more of the fruit taste will come out.  I added no sugar or agave nectar.  Sweetness factor is fine for me, but may not be for you.  I say try it.  You may really like it!

This is the exact product I used.  Do you see that where it says 43% fiber in one serving?  OH MY.  Don't call me tomorrow, peeps.

No comments: