Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Again

Mr. R's sister might be moving back in with us.

I just wrote on my twitter: The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results.

Because that is what I see her doing, over and over, and over.

Dumps guy that is abusive.  Finds new guy in bar who, shockingly enough is abusive.  Moves in with abusive guy.  New guy decides that her son (my nephew) puts a crimp in his lifestyle.  Kicks sister-in-law and nephew out on the street. 

I cringed as I typed it out to her (we were instant messaging on facebook) that our door was open.  For the life of me, I can't figure out where I'm going to put her, my 6 foot tall nephew and all their stuff in my tiny house.  And since she's not working, how Mr. R and I are going to support them.  And not only that, but deal with Jay (the abusive ex-husband) coming over to pick up his son every other weekend, and whenever he feels like, because he shows up when he wants to.  And he's usually drunk and armed.  I also know he's a great shot, because he's a hunter and I've gone shooting with him.

Yeah, I don't like this at all.

But I can't imagine not allowing them to stay with us.  Right now, it appears they are homeless.  I texted her but she's not responding.  (I know her cell phone works, because we already pay for that, too!)  Mr. R is home for the entire weekend, so I have a feeling we may end up driving down there to pick them up.  I already suggested taking our dining room table apart and making the dining room into a makeshift bedroom for the two of them.  I have no space left in this house.  It is only 1400 square feet and we already have 5 people crammed in here.

I think what drives me the most crazy, is that I do my very best not to lead a drama filled life.  I like sensible, reliable things.  I enjoy nights at home, home cooked food, and responsibility.  The whole glittery lifestyle that she likes to lead honestly makes me sad.  To be 36 years old and not be able to support my child, to depend on the men in her life (ex husband, ex boyfriend, brother, stepfather) to help her out, and to continually seek out the excitement of men in bars; I seriously DON'T GET IT.  Am I missing something here?  Is there something sexy about getting slapped in the face by a guy I'm supposed to love? 

No comments: