Pages

Saturday, June 5, 2010

My First Ever Product Review

I'll start off by saying that I am not being paid for this product review. I saw a commercial for this item on TV, and as being that I have incredibly difficult, bushy hair, I wanted to give this a try.

Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin.


According to their commercial, each pin should take the place of 20 bobby pins. That's quite a promise. So I had to check it out. I bought my spin pins at CVS, I believe it was $3.49. I already tossed the receipt, sorry about that. I have shoulder length, incredibly thick and somewhat wavy dark brown hair. So far as I can tell, they come in two colors, blonde and brunette, and I purchased the brunette. I love an updo, because I live in the humid south, but I'm 35 years old and definitely over my consistent ponytail. I'm also not willing to cut my hair too short because I don't like how it looks on me. (100% humidity + white girl with short crazy bushy hair = unfortunate white girl 'fro) I love a fancy chignon, but I can't stand the feeling of a million bobby pins sticking in my scalp all day. So to me, this was worth a shot.



I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I love the way you have to screw them into your hair, just like they look. By having to screw them in, you can tell it's going to hold a lot more than a straight pin will. And they really do hold a lot of hair. I was still unable to create my coveted chignon, because my hair is not quite long enough, and it kept popping out. I kind of expected that. If I was a mousse/gel/hairspray kind of girl, I probably could have done it. But I don't use products in my hair because they irritate my scalp, and having scabs all over my head is not pretty. (That's why in most of my pictures, my hair is always loose and kind of flowy, I can't use hair products.) I was able to create a very pretty half bun with just the top part of my hair, and the rest of my hair just loose as usual. My husband said it was pretty. I also asked him if he could see the pins jabbing out of my little half bun, and he said no, he couldn't see anything at all. My hair stayed in that half bun for at least four hours. The pins never came loose, and my hair never budged, which to me is like a miracle. My daughter's friends also thought it looked nice. To take the pins out, you just unscrew them counter-clockwise, and they come right out, and didn't pull any hair. And my hair actually looked nice when the pins came out, sort of curly and very feminine. My hair didn't rip out of my scalp or the pin, they just slid right out. I also need to add that we got rained on at one point (literally poured on) and the pins didn't budge or slip.

The pins come with a guide on three different hairstyles to attempt. You can see how to do it also on www.goody.com. I am definitely going to play more with these pins and see what else I can do with them. I highly recommend this product on any woman who has uncontrollable bushy hair like I do. Nice job, Goody!

No comments: