Pages

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Have a Blog?

I am always shocked when few days go by and I haven't blogged. But what a jam packed several days I've had!

On Friday: Bucket had a sleep study. It went shockingly well, except he punched the sleep tech in the face. In Bucket's defense, he was totally asleep when it happened. I'm very glad the sleep tech had a good sense of humor about the situation.

On Saturday, we had house guests arrive from Kansas. They just left today, Tuesday. I don't have a guest room. That means I've had a couple sleeping in my living room for four days. I also don't have a sleeper sofa. Angie slept on the couch, and James slept on a pallet on the floor. I feel terrible about that. However, I am glad they're gone. What a dysfunctional couple. James drinks 24/7 and Angie whines about him drinking 24/7. I have enough beer cans in my recycle bin to create sculpture. However, James did mow the lawn, paint most of the interior of the house, and was nice to the kids.

Sunday was Mother's Day. Mr. R played in the band at church on Mother's Day! He was really great and it was awesome to see him use his talents for the glory of God. Then I took a nap on Mother's Day afternoon and absolutely loved it.



On Monday, I had an IEP meeting for Bucket. I chose his classes for next year (he had input of course) and then came home and dealt with the air conditioning salesperson. We are getting a new air conditioner next Monday...to the tune of $7500. I am going to cry when I write that check. SOBBBBBB. But supposedly, it should cut our power bill by about 40%, and pay for itself within three years. Now with seven people in the house for the past few days, I've done dishes at least twice a day, been cooking within an inch of my life, cleaning, sweeping, and generally being on my best behavior. Peeps, I am TIRED. I've also worn a bra for five days straight because I didn't want to walk around without support in front of James. Decided I definitely need to invest in some of those tank tops with the built in bra, just so I can relax at night in case we have company. James and Angie finally left today, and while it was nice to have company, it will be nice for me to crash in my bed tonight with the door open in only my underwear. That is freedom, my friends. And I love freedom.

Intending to catch up on schoolwork tomorrow night. I'm going to bed at 8:30 tonight, so I can be somewhat human for the rest of the week.


Bucket, Missy and Tiger at church, watching Daddy jam.

2 comments:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

What a delightful blog. God bless, Lloyd

Sarah R said...

Why, thank you Lloyd! Nice to meet you.