Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Love Breakfast!



I kid you not when I say breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I can't skip breakfast. I am usually starving the second I wake up. Which is not a good thing, because I don't have time to cook in the mornings. Between getting three children up for school, taking care of the dog and four cats, and working on my...well, WORK...I usually end up skimping or eating a bagel. I do love me a bagel, but it's clear I need more than that in the mornings. Bagels should be a back up, not my main choice.

So I present to you this morning, MY BREAKFAST. While up in NC, my dad has a penchant for those Jimmie Dean breakfast sandwiches. Yes, they are delish, and if you get the ones with turkey sausage and egg whites, not so bad for you. But expensive! So I decided to make my own. I used pumpernickel bread (one of my faves. Love!) a scrambled egg, two strips of bacon (if you're kosher, use turkey sausage of course!) a slice of cheddar and a slice of onion. I did this ten times, made ten sandwiches, and froze them. Then I pulled that sucker out this morning, zapped it, and I am in breakfast heaven. NOM.

With my trusty cup of coffee, which is of course in my favorite mug, my glasses, my calendar and my computer, I'm going to have a great day!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay. Of all the time saving ideas I've had, this one has never crossed my mind~! Awesome! So the scrambled eggs held up okay after freezing and zapping?

Sarah R said...

I had to cut the sandwich in half and then zap it. If not, the bread was scorching hot and the eggs were ice cold. Once I cut it, it cooked much better. And I have a really old microwave, and it took me an entire 2.5 minutes to zap my food.