Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pictures, Pictures Galore


I'm back from my anniversary trip. I'd like to say I had fun. I'd like to say it was romantic, and sweet, and that I'd do it again.
Nope. Yes, I'd go back, and yes, I had fun. But 2009 Sarah would like to smack the crap out of 1994 Sarah for having the idea of getting married in August. I mean, UGH!!! It was so hot, we stayed inside most of the time, and when it was finally cool enough to be outside, it was 300% humidity, mosquitoes and sand fleas everywhere, and still 95 degrees outside. Oh, but don't worry. The heat index was only 105! *rolls eyes*
Anyhoo, we decided to bring the truck so that in case he caught a fish, my car wouldn't smell like a tuna factory. He's romantic like that.

The harbor. I like pictures like this. It's almost New England-y, except for the heat and the palm trees.

Full kitchen in this condo.



FAVE!!! Sleep number bed, ya'll. I don't know how much one costs, but it will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine. Best sleep I've had in the seven years since my first car accident. I literally woke up pain free. I cried when I came home and had to sleep in my regular bed. I want a sleep number bed. I'll send ya'll to my paypal account if you want to donate.


Doesn't he look sad, looking for the elusive fishy. On this day, it never came.


Nope, not here either.


Ahhh, New Smyrna Beach. Love!


We're on a protected beach here. It's actually a national park. There are yellow sticks everywhere sticking out of the sand, where sea turtles lay their eggs. These eggs are protected and if you are caught touching them, it's a fine and probably some jail time. We're serious about our turtles around here.


This is where my feets belong. At da beach. These are my beloved leopard print flip flops. I adore them. I will cry when a strap breaks.


The hair. It is bad. Normally waist length. Do you see what the humidity has done to me? It is NOT GOOD.


My posture is not good. I never knew that before. Love the shirt. $5.80 at Kohls!



Mr. R called these three pictures the "Cousin It" series.


Hmmm, maybe there are fishies here.


A belligerent little hermit crab who kept waving at me. I guess he figured I was the paparazzi, so I had to oblige.


Atlantic Avenue.


Early morning walk on the beach. Humidity still a factor. Do you see the haze on the right of this picture? That is not fog. It is literally the humidity floating in the air, with the sunlight filtering through it. Every picture I took in the morning has this haze in it.


The only picture of the two of us! I know I look red, but I assure you, I'm not sunburned. Literally, this is how hot it was outside. I just got red from being hot, but I'm still my normal pale self. We were at Chase's on the Beach, and I probably drank 6 glasses of water at dinner. I may have lived here for over 20 years, but I am a northern girl at heart. I gave up on styling my hair and put it in a bun, and didn't even bother with makeup, as it slid right off.


Yay, he finally caught something! The elusive redfish has met its match. I found it amusing that when he caught the redfish, he was wearing the redfish shirt I bought him.


This guy is actually thawing in my sink for dinner tonight. No, not Mr. R. The fish. Silly.


And that is the end of our vacation. I'm already back home, already working, and already missing that delightful Sleep Number Bed!

6 comments:

Academichic said...

When I read this part, "But 2009 Sarah would like to smack the crap out of 1994 Sarah for having the idea of getting married in August", I actually laughed out loud!

Having just gotten married in August, that part never even occurred to me! I guess that's what I have to look forward to for any future anniversary trips.

All in all, it still looks and sounds like you had a wonderful vacation with your husband :)
S.

Kelly said...

Ahhh! What a lovely time you had. I'm glad Mr. R caught a fish.

We're hoping to go to VA Beach for our anniversary in Oct. It will be 20 years! It shouldn't be hot nor should it be humid. Hopefully it will be lovely :)

Sarah R said...

Congratulations to you, S., on your recent marriage, and to you, Kelly on your upcoming anniversary!

Make Do Style said...

Looks like a fab time despite the heat! Hindsight is great, but luckily for me I got married in the October.

Unknown said...

I hope you all had a great time! It looks like you did!

I am sure that the locals aren't rude, but the tourists sure are! As I go on with my vacation posts, I have some doozies to tell....

James Freund said...

Hi! I work for Select Comfort in Customer Service. Thanks for the kind words about our bed! We think they’re pretty awesome too, but we’re obviously biased.



You can get the inside scoop on all our upcoming sales and contests through twitter. Follow my colleague Sarah on Twitter by going to www.twitter.com/SleepNumberSara. We have a Labor Day sale going on now, which is one of our best of the year, with all beds being on sale. You can see all the specials at www.selectcomfort.com



Jim Freund

Select Comfort Customer Service