Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A New Goal That Has Nothing To Do With My Weight


Hi all! I am having a relaxing night tonight. The kids are at Wednesday night service, and I am eating dinner and cleaning my desk. However, I wanted to plant a seed in the head of my readers about food storage.

Huh?

FOOD STORAGE! As times get tough, especially for us because my husband is not getting the loads he used to, money is getting tight. Whenever I have a good amount of money, I do a major food shop at BJ's or Walmart and stock up. However, it never seems to last very long and I don't have my meals organized or planned at all.

My two friends, Jenni and Renee, are really helping me see the light when it comes to sensible shopping and storing in bulk. My two friends have never met each other (in fact, I've never actually met Jenni in person at all!) but they are both frugal shoppers and actually cook and bake, which makes them both experts in my book. And my book is important, ya'll. So there.

Renee absolutely blows my mind by having a 6 month supply of food stored for a family of 7. 7!!! Can you imagine the load lifted off your shoulders by knowing that you had that much saved up for an emergency? That if your husband (or you, if you're a working outside the home kind of gal) has a bad week at work or lost his job, that at least the kids would be fed wholesome, nutritious food? What a great feeling! And Jenni...she goes to Publix and walks out with tons of food for a $20. I have no idea how she does it, but I'm super duper impressed by them both.

So tell me...what are YOU doing to prepare for your family, in case of emergency?

(photo from www.crivitz.com)

No comments: