Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Ramble Incessantly When I'm Dieting

To keep myself accountable, I will be posting my weight on the blog every Monday morning. To me, Mondays make the most sense because it will hold me responsible for my weekend noshing. I could use some encouragement, people. Mr. R is already trying to sabotage me. For a man who says he wants me to lose weight, he sure is making it difficult. He added cream to the pasta last night! CREAM!!! I still had some, but I took only half the portion I had divided for myself because of the extra calories he threw in there. My friend Liz (who used to work for a fitness center when she was in college) told me that tons of husbands and boyfriends would do that. She thought it was because men were worried that their wives/girlfriends would be too smokin' hot once goals were achieved. Interesting theory. I'll keep it in mind. ;) Then, when I was working on the computer last night, Mr. R grabbed two chocolate bars and threw one to me. I immediately handed it back and told him to put it back in the freezer. And he REFUSED. Said it was already out, so I might as well eat it. HUH? You're two feet from the freezer. Put it back. But no...so he ate two of them himself. And probably lost weight, the schmuck. Why is it that men can lose weight so easily but it sticks on us girls?

Anyway, I haven't had my breakfast yet, and since it's past 8am, I'm behind on my schedule. So I'm going to scramble myself up an egg maybe with some chopped up onion and some turkey sausage. Yummo!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I think eating 1/2 of what you normally would was a great idea! And then fill up with salad or veggies.

I do not eat fake food. I use butter and cream and real sugar. I do like skim milk and 2% cheese, but otherwise, I use full fat dairy. I just don't think the fake oils and sugars are healthy.

Yah on you for not eating that chocolate!!

Sarah R said...

I am so with you on the real vs. fake foods, Kelly. We do not use fake cheese, fake butter, or fake milk. For that reason, I lose a lot of my calorie intake to butter and half and half (lol) but I'm not willing to compromise there.

Now that I'm a diabetic, I'm not sure what to do about the sugar thing. Luckily, I'm not a cake/pie/cookie kind of girl. This is something I will need to research. I don't use sugar in my coffee, so at least I'm safe there. I kept Equal in the house when my grandfather lived in Florida, but since he moved back to NY, I got rid of it.

Unknown said...

Good for you for not giving into him! My best friend tries to sabotage my weight loss. I think she doesn't want me to be "better" than her.

Elspeth said...

You can post your weight loss progress on Mondays, certainly, but consider joining us for Fitness Friday. Reasons to consider.

1. The accountability of the group is motivating.

2. You get tons of comments from all the ladies which is also inspiring.

3. You get to read all their weight loss tricks and tips

4. You blog is fun to read so I have no doubt that we'll love popping over here every Friday.

5. Most importantly, we commit to pray for each other's success, progress, and proper perspective.

By the way, my husband doesn't mean to do it, but sometimes I feel like he sabotages me, too.

He says, just control my portions better and there isn't much that I can't eat. I know he's partially right because I do have to learn moderation, but still.

Oh, and he's not the one on a diet!