Pages

Thursday, February 26, 2009

8th Anniversary


Yes, everyone, this is the hospital I work for. Florida Hospital Orlando, the main campus. I think we're up to 2000 beds now, but not certain. It is my job to obtain authorizations for upcoming surgeries and diagnostic tests by contacting insurance companies either by phone or website.
Well, as of today, February 26, 2009, it is my 8th anniversary of being an employee at FH. This is very definitely the longest job I've ever had (besides wife and mama of course!) and it's been quite the ride. I've had days when I've wanted to call in dead, days that I've never been prouder, days when I wonder who the heck is running the joint, and days when I can't imagine working anywhere else. Sometimes all these emotions happen on the same day, too! LOL...I'm eternally grateful to FH. One, for giving me a chance when all I had on my resume was waitressing, one year of college, and tons of maternity leave from grocery store jobs. Two, for allowing me to work from home when I found out my son was going to have an educational handicap. And three, for partially paying for my continuing education at Herzing University.

Since I've worked at Florida Hospital, I've managed to get two people hired on (a lady I barely knew, she's a housekeeper at Orlando) and my brother-in-law Paul who works in collections at the Maitland campus. To say I believe in the FH spirit is no joke...my coworkers became my family, especially in the midst of my Bucket being diagnosed with autism. So, Florida Hospital, thank you for being not just a job, but a place where I put down roots, made friends, and gained a career all at the same time. Happy Anniversary to us!!!

2 comments:

Kathi said...

I worked at Florida Hospital too.
Lifelong friends are made there and people pray for each other!
I've not found that to be the case anywhere else I have worked...
Congratulations on 8 years! I think they give you a pin or something when you've been there 10? ;)

Sarah R said...

My aunt also worked in Labor and Delivery for 28 years at the main campus as a nurse. She was the nurse who helped to deliver both of my boys!
I got a 5 year pin also, but it just broke a few weeks ago. That was a bummer. I think they do awards in 5 year increments now, but not sure.