Pages

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Walk in the Word Wednesday

Proverbs 22:6 (New International Version)

Train up a child in the way he should go,
and when he is old he will not turn from it.


This one meant a lot to me last week when I was so ill. Missy was such a good girl. She went to school, cleaned the house, brought me drinks, made dinner, and did her best to keep up on the dishes. Her brothers, not so much. Not sure if it's the gender or the age, but those two were pretty useless. Looks like I have more training to do, huh?


In completely separate news, I need prayer, STAT. Mr. R's momma just called fifteen minutes ago wanting to move back in with us. She lived with us for a year, about three years ago. And it was NOT GOOD. I only had one rule when she moved in, and that was, NO SMOKING!!! Well, not only did she smoke in my house when I wasn't home, endangering her grandchildren's health, but she bragged about it to her friends about how stupid I was. Nice, right? I've forgiven her, but I'm not so sure I want to drag myself through it again. However, if we don't, she'll be homeless. And I can't let my husband's mama be homeless.

Other issues: We only have three bedrooms. The place where we had her bed last time, is now my office. Uh oh...

No comments: