Pages

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Needing a Break

Nothing you guys did. Just going through another bout of depression. Not sure why, as life is pretty good. The weather is gorgeous, I have food in the house, my bills are paid, and both hubby and I are working. I'm just immensely sad and feeling lonely even in my full house. I have skipped church for the past few weeks simply because I can't bear to have to smile and be friendly. The forced handshakes, hugs and welcomes...well, they're not welcome right now. I've been going to the Sunday school class, however. I'm not sure why, as I find it a stupid waste of time. Even other people's prayer requests are irking me right now. I'm going in there with a really dark spirit about myself. I am having trouble even looking people in the eye.
Part of it may have something to do with Mr. R having been gone almost three weeks at this point. I am considering asking my boss Nicola if I can have Friday off. I don't know if Mr. R will be home, but I think I need a day at the beach to sit on the sand to pray and think.
I just feel like something *BIG* is missing from my life right now.



So anyway, I'm just going to take some time off from writing on here. I don't want this to become a depression blog, because that's not even like me. I go through these phases, and hopefully I'll be done soon. I'll stick be checking my e-mail so if you send me a note on here, I will get it. I'm still working at least Monday through Thursday this week. Pray that I get the Friday off so I can perk back up, ok?

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Your post really hit home with me this morning. Thanks for sharing your true feelings. I too have felt like the girl in this photo.
I spent an entire night on the floor of my closet in this position trying to hide from the world and all of my problems. Take whatever time you need for yourself right now. It will pass...

Unknown said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon. I will be holding you and your family in prayer.