Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

Crazy Work Week

I cannot begin to tell ya'll how happy I am that it's finally Friday. I try not to be one of those people who grumble about their jobs, in light of this economy. I am grateful to not only have a decent paying job in Florida, but also to work from home, and to have dirt cheap medical insurance. But the last weeks in December are always CRAZAZY at the hospital! Why is that? Well, people who have PPO insurance have to pay deductibles, and normally towards the end of the year, they have met those deductibles and their plan now pays at 100%. So most people think..."Hey! I can have that xxxx procedure done for free!" And so they start booking surgeries, and I am swamped. Happens every year. Every time I get another surgery on my schedule, I smile and say, JOB SECURITY, but boy am I frazzled. Even with a department party yesterday in which I had to clock out twice to drive to and fro, I still can only work 6 hours and 20 minutes today without getting overtime. But I have 74 accounts on my schedule, which is easily 9 to 10 hours of work. So I e-mailed my director and asked her if she wanted to do only the bare minimum and clock out on time, or allow me overtime to work my tail off. I'm cool either way.
My house is a wreck, and I'd love to clock out early to become a cleaning machine. I think my kitties hit puberty...their litter box stinks like you wouldn't believe. I have dishes piled high in the sink, laundry that needs to be folded and put away, and my entire house needs to be swept and mopped. Plus, I'd like to put up my Christmas decorations. I finally bought Christmas cards and would like to tackle that this weekend.
Mr. R is STILL in South Carolina, waiting for a load. He has a loaner truck that he says was obviously owned by a smoker, as he can hardly breathe. He likes the truck itself except for the stink. He says he'd love to bring it home and febreze the heck out of it.

No comments: