Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Monday, Monday

Well, I am back to work after a nice long 1-week vacation. My coworker did an awesome job keeping up on my schedule and it's not overwhelming at all.
I got my final grades in Anatomy. I got ANOTHER 93 for my final, and ended up with...you guessed it...a 93 for the course, which is an A!!! That means the class was free, and my hospital is paying for it! So far, I am only on the hook for about $1600: $1300 for the extra loan I took out, and $300 for the one class where I got a B instead of an A. My hospital will pay 85% of a class where I earn a B.
My next two classes start Monday, the 3rd. They are medical terminology and research paper writing. Two more strengths of mine, if I do say so myself. I already work in the field, so medical terminology comes fairly easily to me. Plus I took two years of Latin in high school. Not sure about the research paper writing class...it seems in my head like an extension of English, which I was always good at, but we will see.
Last but not least, I did get up and exercise this morning. My silly self forgot to stretch before I took off, and so I ended up with a cramp in my right calf. I am pleased to report, however, that it was my legs that bugged me, and not my lungs or my heart. So while I may be a fatty, at least I can move. I put on my one pair of track pants, put on sneakers and socks as soon as I got up so I couldn't talk myself out of exercising. And walked out the door as soon as Bucket left for school. Missy and Tiger were astounded...Mom is up? With sneakers on? At 7:15? Yes, I was, and the walk felt great. I just have to remember to stretch! I have to laugh though, when I realized that I've owned my sneakers for almost two years and they still look brand new...I hardly ever wear them. I am definitely a sandal/flip flop kind of girl. And I'm going to need at least one more pair of track pants. I don't wear shorts, and I'm not washing clothes three times a week. I'm not that dedicated.

No comments: