Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Another Offer


Well, well, well. When it rains, it pours. Mr. R was offered ANOTHER position...this time, from the company he is already leased to. So far now, he is going to stay exactly where he already is. At first, I wanted to scream when he told me this. Hours of filling out applications, faxing, creating a killer resume...all for him to stay with the same company. I took a deep breath, and said, sweetly (he wasn't fooled, I was NOT sweet), "So what are they offering you?"
It turns out, Mr. R had a discussion with the person in charge of logistics, and they are going to have a new account in a few months for local drivers. And because Mr. R has worked for this company for four years, he is at the top of the list to obtain one of these positions. Because this company has been pretty good to him, he decided to stay. I have to admit, this company has been good to him. He's been home for every major holiday, for the kids' birthdays, and for lots of vacations. And while we're not rich, we're not in debt, either. Once I calmed down (and grumbled to myself about why he didn't just talk to the logistics manager in the first place and save me hours of paperwork) I realized this was good. So, I'm cool.

No comments: