Pages

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Little Boys


Well, they're not really little anymore. But ya'll know what I mean.
So Tiger did great at his consultation with the band. He was too advanced for Band I, so they are moving him into Band II. Which is 7th and 8th grade! I literally thought he was going to swoon. He was excited beyond belief. I'm sure he'll be excited to tell Doug, his saxophone teacher, how well he did. Missy went with us to the consultation and she was happy to learn that the new middle school is laid out exactly like the one she is leaving (they changed the borders of school, so everyone got changed to a new school for August.) To celebrate, I am taking Missy and Tiger out to lunch today. Then Tiger has his saxophone lesson today at 4:30, and he is spending the night at his Nana's house. He has never spent the night there without Missy or Bucket. I almost feel sorry for my Mom, but not sorry enough to cancel it, hahaha.
Ok, now here is my guilty confession. Bucket is in the truck with his Daddy. Yes, summer vacation is fun because they get to travel the country with their Daddy in a big truck. Although I don't consider going to NJ as travel, since I used to live near there. I DON'T MISS BUCKET. Isn't that terrible? Oh, I just lost my mother of the year award. The house is so quiet. There is no arguing, no crying, no hitting. I love him dearly, always will, but I didn't realize how badly I needed a break from him. Have any of you ever felt this way? When Mr. R walked out the door with Bucket, I collapsed on the couch and thought, "Thank you, sweet Lord."

No comments: