Pages

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

More Things About Me

Favorite person (outside family)? My friend Christina. She was the catalyst for me to start attending church after so many years of backsliding. I was terrified to attend church with Bucket acting the way he did, and so she took him so I could attend. I'm ashamed to say this, but I used to lie to her and say I loved the service, but I went to my car and slept. I was a total wreck back then. I'm not perfect now by any means, but I'd never lie to her anymore.

Favorite food? I love soups. I love fresh bread. I love seafood. I'm not a sweets person. I'll take a steak and a baked potato any day over chocolate. Bagels are yummy, knishes, danishes...oh my stomach just growled. Thanks.

Quirks about me? My hair grows insanely fast. When I'm pregnant with boys, I grow a mustache. I tend to have more guy friends than girl friends. I love sleeping.

How would the person who loves you most describe you in ten words or less? (Ask them.) He'd probably call me a homebody mama bear. He'd be right.

Any regrets in life? Yeah, and you know what? I've already asked My Lord for forgiveness on those, and there is no need to bring them up anymore.

Favorite Charity/Cause? I love Nathaniel's Hope. They are a respite care group to give the caregivers of special needs children a break. I used to bring Bucket there. Now, I'm considering being a worker there. It will be a while though until I'm ready.

Favorite Blog recently? D'Rae at: myslifeoflife.blogspot.com cracks me up. Plus we wear the same glasses. And I love her clothes! Plus Miriam of course at www.hfstonehouse.blogspot.com.
She wears the same glasses as me too! All my groupies love me.

Something you can't get enough of? Time with my husband. I don't see him enough. Neither do the kids. Oh, and Kona coffee. Sweeeeeet.

Worst job you've ever had? Sales rep at a toystore at Christmas. It was...awful. In more ways than I can ever depict.

What job would you pay NOT to have? I would not like to have Mike Rowe's job. The guy who is on Dirty Jobs. I would puke non stop. Then again, I could lose weight that way, because I'd probably never eat again.

If you could be a fly on the wall, where? Without a doubt, in all the meetings at work. Do they really talk about work, or do they just order lunch and get pedicures?

Favorite Bible verse right now?

Matthew 8:16-17


16When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick. 17This was to fulfill what was spoken through the prophet Isaiah:
"He took up our infirmities
and carried our diseases."

This was the first verse I ever prayed over Bucket when I was learning how to pray with my Bible.

Got any confessions? I've always wanted a nose job.

If you HAD to spend $1,000 on YOURSELF, how would you spend it?
Shoes. Massages. Luxurious coffee. Books. A babysitter. A new beach chair. A pedicure. Dresses from Kiyonna.com, one of my favorite websites.

Favorite thing about your house? That I own it, and therefore can paint it any color I want. I hate renter's white!

Least favorite thing about your house? My incredibly tiny "Manhattan kitchen" and I really need another bedroom.

One thing you are bad at? Directions. Don't ask me to help you find something. Not only will I not find it, but I'll probably end up in a different state. I'm just bad. I accept it.

One thing you're good at? Spelling.

If you could change something about your circumstances, what? I'd find a job for my hubby so we could be together every night. I remember when I took for granted him being around. I miss him dearly.

Who would you like to meet someday? Jesus.

What makes you feel sexy? A long warm shower, clean hair, shaved legs, two distinct eyebrows, candles, a bed with no sand or crumbs in it.

Who is your real life hero? It's so corny, but it's my Mommy!

What is the hardest part of your job? My "money" job? Not much. It's pretty easy and I do it well. Parenting? Not losing my temper when they disobey for the millionth time.

When are you most relaxed? When I'm sleeping. Hahahahaha.

What stresses you out? Driving at night. I hate it. I avoid it as much as possible.

What can you not live without? Coffee with real half n half. I will not use non dairy creamer. It's a joke and it's not even a real food. It's probably arsenic mixed with plastic. Down on fake foods!

Why do you blog? I type faster than I write, and I missed having a diary.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

hey girl back at you, I love that you post so often!! oh and our specs are sexy as all get out!
hahaha Mike Rowe rocks!

Sarah R said...

Mike Rowe is hot. Just not when he's covered in pig entrails.
He has a super sexy voice, don't you think?

Unknown said...

I am one of your favorites! WOW! Thanks!

Hey, thanks for signing up for my blogoversary and leaving me a comment!