Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2015

Slow Down, 2015!


Ummm, excuse me, 2015.  Just where do you think you're going?!?!

It's been a busy and exhausting year for me for sure. I've thought back on what 2015 has held for me so far.  The loss of a baby, two new jobs, my 40th birthday, a car accident.  There's about 6 weeks left to this tumultuous year, and while I'm anxious for the idea of a fresh start, sometimes I feel like time is going by so quickly and I want it to slow down!  

Last Friday, I had to take a day off work and take Bucket to a testing center.  He's been having seizures, peeps.  One at church, two at school.  I took him to a neurologist (didn't like him) and an EEG and MRI were both ordered.  The EEG went off without a hitch.  Poor Bucket had a panic attack inside the MRI machine and halfway though, we had to stop.  Now I have to reschedule that, but this time he can get sedated.  Kind of annoyed that this wasn't offered the first time, but I know how insurance companies are.  They won't pay for sedation unless you freak out inside a metal tube, first.  Good times.

Bucket is 17 now.  You see those huge shoes?  13.  You see that face?  Beard.  You see my purple sweater?  Freezing.

He's picking at the hospital bracelet.  I was trying to make him laugh by saying they're made of barbed wire and fire ant poison.  And the nurse brought him a warm blanket, so I got my sweater back.  Oh, and he colored his hair!  It's just lighter, he got a friend to bleach it, turns out it made his scalp burn so he rinsed it off before it was done.  So now it's a weird gingery orange color instead of dark brown.

Bucket is not the only one who changed his hair color recently.  His mama needed a change, too.

First off, can you believe I got a pixie 18 months ago?!?!  Look at it!

The day before my 40th birthday, I decided to add blonde streaks.  I enjoyed it, but I missed my dark hair.  So I decided to make a radical change.


Hello, aubergine!

And yes.  I love it.  Ignore my incredibly puffy eyes...seriously, do they always look like that?  Sheesh!!!


One of my relatives on Facebook actually tried to shame me for having purple hair.  Said, "you're not 18 anymore."  Well, no kidding.  I didn't realize I had to hang up fun the day I left high school.  And as my friend Jenn said, I put the FUN in FUNDAMENTAL CHRISTIAN.  She has pink hair and is pregnant with her 8th baby.  I laughed for a good solid ten minutes over that one.  So because I'm 40 and Christian, am I doomed to a life of unkempt hair, denim jumpers and Birkenstocks?  *shudder*

Saturday was my mom's birthday, but she had to work so this is Sunday.  We went to Panera.  I had broccoli cheese soup.  See, the hair doesn't look so purple here.  Say happy birthday to my  mom!!!

My sister, me and my mom.  And doesn't my sister look fantastic?  She's lost almost 80 pounds!


That's all I have for now.  Except that my eyebrows look great.  That's important, you know?

Have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving, and don't eat too much!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa?
My website goes over a lot of the same topics as yours and I
think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're
interested feel free to send me an email. I look forward to hearing from you!
Terrific blog by the way!

my web blog: lasertest