Last night, I was terribly upset by my first failing exam grade the entire time I've been at Herzing. I'm so glad Mr. R was home; he completely empathized, rubbed my shoulders, brought me water and eventually made it ALL GO AWAY (ahem.) By the time I fell asleep, I was not thinking about algebra anymore. Mr. R's alarm set for 5am unfortunately woke me up before it woke him up (he went fishing with our pastor today.) Oh, I have I mentioned that due to all the blizzards in the country, Mr. R hasn't worked in almost two weeks? Yeah. Glad he's home, not happy about the lack of money. I got up this morning, turned on the computer, and almost dissolved into tears. I just wasn't feeling it, you know? And then, against my very will, I'M HAVING A GREAT DAY!
Oh yes, I know it's only lunch time, but every account I've touched has fallen neatly into place. I'm going through accounts at a speed I haven't done in a while. Doctor offices are returning my calls, every website is working properly. I decided to do a McDonalds run for lunch; their credit card machine was broken so I got my meal for free! I also had my mock interview today for my career class at Herzing; the instructor said I did a great job! Then I remembered I'm due for an upgrade on my phone anyway, so I'm probably going to look into that once I get off the clock. There's great music playing on the channel on cable (I listen to the music stations in the 400 channels during the day; no commercials, no reruns!), the school hasn't called me, and my hair is long enough for a (short) ponytail again. Plus, no more headaches; my glasses are great and I'm thinking about returning for a second pair come income tax refund time.
I just have to thank God for today. For taking a day I normally detest, and giving me a reason to smile. For reminding me that I *am* good at my job! For forcing me to count even small blessings like functional glasses and quilted toilet paper. God is good, peeps!
Other things that rocked today:
- I remembered to pull meat out of the freezer at 7am, not 5pm. Score!
- Mr. R left me coffee in the pot.
- We had plenty of milk for the kids cereal this morning.
- It is 72 outside. I love Florida winters!
- My favorite bra was clean and waiting for me in my drawers. Comfy boobs are happy boobs!
- I had a doctor office call me "young lady" on the phone. That cracks me up.
- My fax wasn't working this morning, but I managed to fix it very quickly, and without calling anyone to help!
- I'm getting a bonus in February; it is based on yearly income and mine should be in the $500-$600 range. I plan to do a major grocery shop with it. I have recently become sort of obsessed with food storage, and I'm trying to get a 1 month supply of groceries in the house at all times. Harder than you think with 5 people.
- Mr. R complimented me on my coupon usage. He went shopping without me and couldn't figure out how to do it. Next time, we can go together and I'll teach him.
- I got an A on my resume; I haven't written one in ten years and I think I did a pretty fabu job!