1. Do you have magnets on your fridge? Yes, and they're holding up permission slips, recipes, and I also have a cheat sheet of measurements taped to the fridge. I can never remember how many cups are in a gallon, and so forth.
2. Do you have a calendar in your kitchen, if so, what’s the theme of it? It's a Psalms calendar.
3. What is your favorite kitchen gadget? Foreman grill! I love toasted sandwiches and I'm even going to attempt fruit crepes on it here real soon.
4. Are you lucky enough to have a pantry of some kind? Yes, but it is really tiny and not well laid out.
5.What is your favorite appliance? Coffeepot. Please.
6. Do you have an eat in kitchen (table in it)? No.
7. Do you have a bread box? No.
8. Do you have a picture of your kids on the fridge? Shockingly, no.
9. Do you ever cook breakfast in your PJs? That's pretty much the standard around here.
10. Do you have a favorite cookbook that you use? I love my Ina Garten/Barefoot Contessa cookbooks, plus an old Betty Crocker from 1973 that my mother received as a gift during her failed marriage to my sperm donor.
11. Are you lucky enough to have recipes that were passed down from your mom or grandma? My grandma was not much of a cook. I have a few from my mom though.
12. What’s your favorite food? I love potatoes. Anything with steak or seafood. Onions. Soup.
13. What’s your favorite thing to cook? I really enjoy making soup because it's hard to mess up. My favorite is French onion soup. It is so fast and tastes amazing. Plus I like dipping sandwiches in the broth.
14. Is your coffee pot electric or stove top? Electric programmable coffeemaker.
15. Do you ever make your own bread? I've only done it once, but it came out great.
16. Name one thing that you have hanging on your wall in your kitchen: A small plaque that says "I love my kitchen."
17. Is there a clock in your kitchen? The one on the range.
18. Do you have a bowl of fruit sitting on your table or counter? Well, I have a bowl, but it's empty right now.
19. What type of canisters do you have? I try to use the glass ones because Mr. R doesn't like plastic stuff.
20. Does your kitchen have a theme? It does, but we're about to change it. My kitchen is bright red with pink cabinets (I wish I was kidding about the cabinets, I hate them!) and I have apple and coffee themed stuff everywhere.
21. What’s for supper tonight? Was supposed to be spaghetti, but Tiger set a pan on fire so we went out.
22. Do you have enough cabinet space? Not even close. I even have a bookshelf in my kitchen area just to hold more pans and stuff. My kitchen was not designed for actual cooking. It is more a heat and go type kitchen.
23. Does your family use paper plates? We used to use them a lot, but I was sicking of finding the plates all over the house. I bought a set of 12 cheap plastic plates and the kids have to use those. If they're dirty, they can wash one.
24. Do you have a good set of china? I wouldn't call it good china. It's white stoneware that I bought at Goodwill for $30. It's between 9 and 11 place settings, so not really great, but better than my paper plates.
25. Do you wear an apron to work in your kitchen? No, but I should.
26. Name one thing, if anything, that you would like to change about your kitchen. I drew out an entire plan for the new kitchen I intend to have in the next few years. Unfortunately, it is going to cost a lot of money. I intend to rip out all the cabinets, put in new ones, a new recycled glass countertop, a new microwave, new tile floors, and to double the size of my kitchen, I need to move my bedroom door, plus put in a wall of pantry shelving. I am thinking it's going to cost at least $10,000, which is cheap for a kitchen, but still a lot of money. Little by little, I hope we can do it. I don't want to go into debt.