Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Rainy Wednesday

The kids are out of school. You'd think they could spend one day together without fighting. Alas, that is what I get for thinking. They've been arguing since 10am. And I'm trying to work throughout the entire whiny episode. Normally, a rainy day at home thrills me to no end. Unfortunately, I couldn't kick them outside to play because I'm not interested in having three kids with pneumonia next week. So inside they stayed, nitpicking and harassing each other. Yeah, it's been a fun day. *rolls eyes*

We have a mellow sort of Thanksgiving planned. Going to my parent's house around noon. The only thing I have to make is pumpkin pies and green bean casserole. Mr. R's parents do not "do" Thanksgiving. They go to Golden Corral for the buffet and stiff the waitress. Mr. R's sister is making her own Thanksgiving, but I haven't been invited...nice, right?

I know I did a Trucker's Wives List a few days ago, but now I'd like to do a top 10 Thankful List:

10) I'm thankful for a job that allows me to work from home. I do love being home when they get in from school.

9) I'm thankful for my church. It took me a long time to find a place where I wouldn't be rejected due to Bucket's autism.

8) I'm thankful for our general health. I know that's an easy one to jump to, but no one has been sick yet all year, except for some sniffles.

7) I'm thankful that I'm able to attend college online. Without Herzing, I wouldn't be able to finish my degree.

6) I'm thankful for my family, friends, church family. I have lots of people to love, and people who love me.

5) I'm thankful for my husband's job, even though I've been grumbling about it lately. I know many daddies who wish they had to work too much.

4) I'm thankful for music, especially Christmas music. I have a difficult time getting into the holiday spirit when it's 85 degrees outside, and wintry music just makes my day!

3) I'm grateful that I'm nearly done Christmas shopping for the kids already.

2) I'm thankful for a strong marriage.

1) I'm thankful for Jesus, who died on a cross for me over 2000 years ago.

No comments: