Pages

Monday, June 1, 2009

I Haz a Sad

So, Mr. R's sister moved in with us last week. If nothing else, it makes me feel so sad for her, and so relieved for myself. It's easy to get caught up in "woe is me" feelings until you run into someone who really has it bad. My poor sister-in-law just really can't catch a break. Her ex will not stop calling her and leaving the worst messages on her voice mail. She has no job...very few prospects. No high school diploma, GED, or any college. 35 years old and can't support her own son. Mr. R and I paid for her car registration and some gas money just so she could drive around and try to find a job. I'm assuming that my nephew will be staying here for part of the summer, if not all. He's almost 16, so you can imagine how much this one will be eating. She really wants her own place. I can see why, I mean, she is sleeping on a blow up bed in Missy's room. She wants her own place. You can't blame her.

So, even though last week Mr. R and I went through some major financial garbage, it makes our issues look like cake. Cake, I tell you!

What happened to Mr. R and I last wee:

1) Brakes went out on Magnum. $225 to fix.
2) Water pump went out on Mr. R's Ram while he was towing our Pastor's boat. Not kidding. Price to tow because Mr. R thinks AAA is a sham: $155.
3) Price to fix said water pump: $550.
4) Air conditioning broke. It's hot as heck here, and I work from home. You know I got it fixed. Price: $600.

I mean, it was just a lot of crap at once. Don't worry, it all got paid for, we still have food in the house and gas in the car, but it was just...ugh, goodbye, moolah.

I may be poor in money, but I'm rich in happiness these days. I have a husband who might drive me bonkers every now and then, but he loves me deeply. He respects me, and cares about me, and treats me with love and dignity. I have three gorgeous kids who can't pick up their socks, but at least I can see them every day. A job that is boring, but is steady and provides awesome health insurance. I have enough money to buy groceries. The lights are on, I have a half tank of gas, and enough coffee for another week.

I am so blessed.

No comments: