Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Reschedule

I had to cancel the reversal appointment already.
Ooooh, this makes me so mad! But it's not anyone's fault, it's a money situation. Not only that, but Mr. R insists that we not bring children on this trip. Besides, airfare for all five of us would have ran us $1500, which just knocks us for a spin. We're not rich, you know!
So...sigh. Back to the drawing board.
I hate this doctor's scheduling system. He apparently doesn't have a nurse or staff (I guess that's how he keeps his prices so low) and it's all done electronically. I see days that are open to click on, and when I click on them, it states that I have to pick another date. I wonder if he'll only schedule out so far. I guess that makes sense, but I have no idea. So I am going to call his office again tomorrow. Mr. R and I have decided that we'd really like to go up there the last week of June. He wants to visit his friend James in Kansas before the procedure. Maybe have the procedure on June 30, we can fly up there on the 28th, and fly home on the 1st or 2nd of July. Besides, we have not been alone on vacation in almost fifteen years, and we'd still like some time alone. I realize this is best, but the OCD in me is not happy with the scheduling portion. Lord, please let me get a grip here, I surely need one.
So I guess I should say we are not canceling, merely postponing. We can afford the procedure, but once we added the kids airfare, extra lodging, extra food, pet care...it spun out of control quickly. Besides, I'd rather wait until I have a new baby in my arms and then fly up to New York to see my family with the kids. That would be way cooler than the kids being bored in a hotel room while I do homework, you know?

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I didn't realize you were having a reversal, well, your husband really. How wonderful! I'll live vicariously through you, k? Doug didn't ever want to do that. I'm good with it now at least :)

Sarah R said...

We've been discussing it for at least five years. I finally insisted that if we were going to get it done, this is the year, because I'll be 34 in May. I've only got so many baby making years!