Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Goodbye, January. I Hardly Knew Ya

I can't believe today is the 31st already. My my, how time flies. Hello, February, you gorgeous thing you. It is a pleasure meeting you.

Anyhoo, now that I've proved myself both ridiculous and crazy, I have other things to discuss.

One: I went shopping at Target this morning. Target is love. Target is lovely. I heart Target. I bought a new dog bed for Roscoe, as his old one had basically disintegrated under his funk. What is it with hound dogs and their stink? The dog smells worse than the teenage boys in my house.



I also went baby shopping for my friend Gloria, who had a sweet baby boy last Sunday. I didn't make it to her shower, so I went shopping today and had a blast. For anyone expecting a baby, I highly recommend Target's baby club, or whatever they call it. It was very easy to shop, and the print-out actually told me which aisle to find certain items. It was fast, quick, and painless. Then, I shopped the sales racks. (oooh, sudden disclosure here.)



If anyone knows me well, they know I am a huge fan of a wrap shirt. Designed for ladies like me who have a gut to hide, these shirts not only cover the spare tire, but cinch it in and make me look thinner. I've basically given up on any other kind of shirt, as I always reach for my two wrap shirts. I've had two wrap shirts from Coldwater Creek for two years, and I adore them. They're in black (of course) and red (duh, again) but I was wanting to branch out. I discovered another one in a rust color on e-bay and snatched that bad boy up. Rust is not my favorite color, but the cut of the shirt makes it worthwhile.



Anyway, I suddenly found them...wrap shirts in regular sizes. Crap! I am plus sized. I looked anyway. Shockingly, the sizes went up to xxl, which is an 18 at Target. I scoured the racks and found TWO in xxl...and in colors I didn't have! So I am now the proud owner of two more wrap shirts, one in a deep yet bright purple, and one more in a teal blue color. I am ecstatic. And they were on sale, $10.48 each. Score!!! I tried them on and they're actually a bit big on me, but I figure they might shrink in the wash a bit. Now I just need some new pants or skirts, and I'm set. I looked for some new sandals but they didn't have anything I liked, so I skipped it. I won't buy uncomfortable shoes, I don't care how pretty they are. I am the flip flop queen and I'm totally ok with it.

Two...totally disgusted with the online system at Herzing right now. I worked my tail off on my Chapter 10 test for blood. I was super proud of it, thinking I may have gotten my first 100 on a test by my A&P professor. This class is HARD. But in a challenging way, not a "hahaha, you're gonna fail!" way. I submitted my results and the system at Herzing froze, and lost the entire test. I have to start over. Tonight. Crap!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you mentioned this. I like wrap dresses, so I'm sure I would like the wrap shirt. I also have a little something to hide.

Sarah R said...

I haven't tried a wrap dress yet. Looks like we both need to try something new!