Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

Dorkdom. I Haz It.

Good morning and Merry (belated) Christmas to you all!
Sorry I haven't logged in for a while, but with three kids, a busted ankle, my hubby's bday and lots of family over, blogging was not on my mind. Now that the dust has cleared, so has my head.
I sit here on Friday morning, the day after Christmas. December 26th always gets a bum rap, in my opinion. No one ever looks forward to the day AFTER Christmas. Well, I do! For one, I can get my kids back on a regular sleep schedule. They are happily playing with new toys, and I don't have to bug them about school. Blessedly, I am one of the few people who didn't have to work today, so I got up a leisurely 7:30am. Peeps, that is late for me. My bladder normally jolts me awake at 5:30 (curse you, bladder. Why did you stop working properly after Missy was born, huh? HUH?!!?!)
Being the absolute, unashamed dork that I am, December 26th could possibly be my favorite day of the year. Today is the day I get to organize and clean my home after the holidays. HOORAY!
I started off this morning with the bathroom, of course. I threw on sweatpants, a tank top, and put my hair in a ponytail. I immediately started a pot of coffee, then started on the laundry right away since that always takes the longest. My first load is in right now. Then, a somewhat nutritious breakfast. Two blueberry waffles with maple syrup. Figured I'd need carbs for energy today. Bucket carried in the recycling bins for me, and I'm already loading them back up with wrapping paper, boxes, cardboard, and all the cans I used making holiday food. Recycling is pretty important to me, as it is one small thing I can do that doesn't require much effort.
I actually have to run to the grocery store later because I'm almost out of detergent, and I need the cheap plasticware so I can make leftover plates for Mr. R to take on the road with him. I have both leftover turkey and ham, so I need to make some casserole type dishes today and them freeze them for future use. And I have to do this today or else it will all go bad. And I don't want to throw away food!
Missy also has a horseback riding lesson at 10:30, Bucket wants to go to his friend's house to show off his new Pokemon cards, and Mr. R took Tiger fishing for the day. All in all, it will be a busy day, but much more relaxing than Christmas Eve or Christmas Day was.

No comments: