Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Can I Please Tell You How Good Our Lord Is?

I had to balance the checkbook today. Horror upon horrors. I kept adding bills, and my balance got smaller and smaller and smaller.
Last bill...car payment. $325.48. Balance = $316.82. Sigh...I'm no math major, but as you can see, those are not good numbers. I let the bill sit on my desk, and paid everything else. I still haven't bought groceries either, and we are finally running out of Christmas leftovers. My kids told me if they had to eat any more turkey, there could be mutiny. Sigh.
The mailman came by. I went out to grab the mail. It is a beautiful sunshiny day here. I smiled into the sun as I walked out to the mailbox, and flipped through the junk mail. I saw a letter from my mortgage company. Normally, I don't open them, because they are just reminders to pay my bill, and I do that online. But I did today, hoping for one of those end-of-the-year statements that we use for our taxes.
Here is what the letter said:

"Currently, your escrow account is overfunded by $192.90. A check for that sum is enclosed with this analysis."

Hello, groceries! Hello, car payment! Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

mom2nji said...

Whooo Hoooo! That is totally awesome. Isnt it great when He provides like that?

Sarah R said...

I know, it's so awesome. I was giggling like a moron when I saw it, lol.