Pages

Monday, October 6, 2008

ABC's Instead of Homework

Aprons - Y/N? If yes, what does your favorite look like?
I have a cheapie give-a-way from Publix. It's blue canvas. I forget to wear it and I get crap all over me.

Baking- Favorite thing to bake? Banana bread. Everyone likes it. I make it both with and without walnuts for the finicky people in my life.

Clothes line - Y/N?
I totally want one, and eventually will win.

Donuts?
I like em when I have my period. Other than that, I don't really care.

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday.
Dishes and sweeping.

Freezer - Do you use a deep freeze?
Yes, it's in the weird little corner of our house that we don't know what to do with. It's great, and I highly recommend one if you have a larger family than most.

Garbage Disposer Y/N?
I have one. I think I could probably live without it, but it came with the house.

Handbook - What's your favorite homemaking resource?
My brain and a few ladies' blogs.

Ironing - Love it or Hate it?
Hate with a passion like the intensity of a thousand white hot suns. I usually throw stuff in the dryer and pray the wrinkles come out.

Junk Drawer - Y/N? I don't have a single one. My house is small and I use every drawer wisely. I do have one drawer that I keep batteries in, but it also has restaurant menus...but I did organize it.

Kitchen - color & decorating scheme.
my kitchen is a bright primary red. We're actually considering changing it to turquoise. Nope, not kidding. Hubby and I are brave color people. Besides, if we hate it, it's easy to change. So we take chances!

Love - what is your favorite part of homemaking?
The satisfaction of my family feeling comfortable and happy due to my effort.

Mop - Y/N?
I have one of those Swiffer things. It was necessary due to my back and shoulder injury. I can't wring out a regular mop or drag a heavy bucket around the house. When my husband comes home, sometimes he'll do a heavy mop job, but the Swiffer really does the trick for most issues. We have those laminate wood floors, had em for a year, and they still look brand new. Love them!

Nylons, machine or hand wash?
Nylons? Really? People wear them???

Oven - Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I use the window, and then open it anyway because I always poke whatever is baking.


Pizza - what do you put on yours?
green peppers and onions are my favorite! But no one else in my family likes green peppers, so I only get that when I'm solo.

Quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Sleeping would be a favorite activity I sorely miss.

Recipe Card Box - Y/N?
I have one that I rarely use. I stored it really far over my head.

Style of house - what style is your house?
Our is your basic Florida ranch with ugly stucco. It's a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, 2 car garage on a quarter acre. It has a fireplace which we haven't used in five years because...hello....it's FLORIDA. I have candles up there, and we hang stockings by it. I call my kitchen the "Manhattan" kitchen because it is ridiculously small. If I end up living here the rest of my life, I will be knocking down a wall or something. I've lived with it for seven years and hated it the second I moved in. I bought the house DESPITE the kitchen.

Tablecloths and napkins?
Nope. Unless you count napkins I stole from McDonalds.

Under the kitchen sink - organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized...hello! Come on people. You know better.

Vacuum - how many times per week?
None...I have wood laminate floors. I sweep every day, though.

Wash - how many loads of laundry do you do per week?
about 6. I do mine, Mr. R's, and Buckets. Missy and Tiger do their own.

Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
No, I'd lose my list. I actually started putting stuff in the planner on my phone (see cute green phone I'm using in the hair picture below.) Totally didn't realize it had a planner. I'm liking it.

Yard - Who does what?
I don't mow, again due to back/shoulder injury. But I will go out and tell Mr. R where I want him to put stuff. But it's mostly his domain. I like it when he brings me flowers from outside and puts them in a vase for my desk. He's so flipping romantical!

What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
I set the timer for the dishwasher so it runs while we're all sleeping. And since I'm usually here without my manly man, I do what I call a "perimeter check." I walk around the house and make sure everything is locked, including back, garage, front doors, and all windows. You can't be too safe in the hood!

No comments: