Pages

Monday, March 24, 2008

He Died For Me

Myspace IconsMyspace IconsMyspace IconsMyspace IconsMyspace Icons
Easter of course makes me think of Jesus. The fact that men and women are so sinful, that God had to send his Son into human form and die for us. That is pretty sinful. (duhhhhh) Just because I am a Christian doesn't make me better than anyone else. I am not perfect, not even close, and I don't think I'll be a saint any time soon. I make mistakes on a regular basis. I choose tv over my Bible, I choose arguing over forgiving, I choose punishment over grace. Which bring me to my point...CHOICE. I also chose Jesus to be my personal Lord and Savior. So even though I screw up...a LOT!...I am forgiven by his Blood. That doesn't excuse me from doing my best, and at age 32, I still have plenty to learn. I'm just so grateful that even though I am sinful and filthy, I am still extended the gift of grace.

On a lighter note, we were in church on Sunday. We have an amazing pastor, and even Bucket can understand his sermons, to a degree. He does tend to get very squirmy throughout the service, as most 9 year old boys will. While he was using me as his personal jungle gym during the service, Bucket whispered, "Mommy, why did they nail that guy to the cross?"
I said, "He was a thief."
He said, "They nailed you to a cross for stealing back then?!?!"
I said, "Yes, they did. What do you think of that?"
Bucket said, "They could have tried a time-out, first!"

No comments: