Pages

Sunday, October 9, 2016

It Is So Good...

I started my new job about three weeks ago.  Oh my goodness, it is like NIGHT and DAY!  Much better training, clearer instructions, a supervisor who is on site to ask questions, and an actual desk.  I couldn't be happier!  I get my first paycheck next Friday (praise God, it's getting scarce around here) and I am loving my half day Fridays to get so many chores done that I used to do on Saturday.  I have my weekends back!

We did just fine through Hurricane Matthew.  I missed two days of work, but my new company paid for that time off.  We had very little damage, mostly landscaping stuff and we were out of power for 36 hours.  Not awful at all.  My church building sustained water damage so we had services outside in the parking lot this morning.  It was pretty awesome.

On Saturday, while my house still had no power I drove to the salon and did it.  Goodbye, hair!

All made up for church.

The sides are longer than the back.

Sans makeup, right after the salon.

I feel like I lost twenty pounds and ten degrees.  So much cooler, and goodbye headaches!  My hair was so long and heavy and all I ever did was put it up in a bun.  Right now, I can't even imagine growing it back out.  The only thing I don't like is the color.  These are my usual blonde highlights, but that looked cuter in long hair.  Now I think I want to go dark again and since it's almost "winter" it's the perfect time to go dark.  This is the photo I brought my stylist:



So there you have it!  New job, new hair...I also have some new clothes but haven't been taking pictures lately.  I'll try to get back in the habit.  Praying that all of you have been unscathed by the hurricane and are being blessed every day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy for you!!!!! -Natalie

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

So glad to hear that the new job is going well! And I bet it is exciting to have a new hair style!
Have a great day! Lisa :O)