Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Summer Cold Strikes

I didn't make it to church last Sunday.  I had a horrible sore throat and a low grade fever.  I stayed home and let my hubby take care of me. That part was nice except he kept making me drink hot tea and I'm not a fan. But I did get better.  Go figure.

I applied for a Senior Rep position in my department, and not to be stuck up, but I felt like I was a shoo-in.  I was really surprised when I was turned down.  I've spent 12 1/2 years in my department, and I have had nothing but excellent reviews, perfect audit scores, and I've even been invited to meetings in which a person of my level wouldn't normally attend.  Focus groups, training new employees, all things that a mere "rep" wouldn't do, I've done.  And I was up against new people who I actually trained.  So when I got the email that management went with someone else, I admit that I was crushed.  Every place I apply, every attempt is turned away.  I'm not quite sure what to do anymore.  It feels like every door or window has been closed to me. Right now, I'm just biding my time, doing the same thing I always do:  quality work with great patient service. 

My interview outfit. 
Today I worked 10 1/2 hours with no break, since my usual work partner called in sick.  I was exhausted by the time I was done, and I was bitter about it; as usual, doing upper level work with no recognition.  I just have to remember that my work shows my integrity, my honesty, and my skill level.  Someday, someone will recognize it.  Just not sure when.

No comments: