Pages

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mad at My Own Stupid Self

I fell for it. Again!

Let me explain. My sister told me about this diet that she and everyone at her job is trying. It's called the Alternate Day Diet. Basically, you eat normally (which is what got me like this in the first place) on one day. Then the next day, you eat 500 calories. That's it. Then the next day, back to normal.

She has lost weight doing this. I cannot even get through a single 500 calorie day. I made it all the way to 7pm today and then I finally lost it and made a chicken breast, onion and provolone grilled potato bread sandwich. And then I decided, aw screw it, I already messed up. Got some cheezits. And a glass of raspberry tea. And you know what?

IT WAS DELICIOUS!!!

I couldn't deal with the pounding headache. Or the raw feeling of heartburn in my chest. I couldn't even drink a few sips of milk to ease the heartburn without going over the 500 limit.

Please remind me, the next time I decide that I'm fat, to stop these stupid fad diets and just keep it under 1800 calories a day and ride my bike. Sheesh.

3 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

No fad diets!!

Lol. There, I reminded you. ;)

I figure, everything in moderation. Eat when you're hungry. Stop when you're not. And get off the couch every once in awhile (Although that's the one part of this advice that I never follow! I'm such a tv-aholic.)

Sarah R said...

I'm not a tvaholic (nice word...lol) but I do have a major aversion to sweating. I'm very sedentary and need to change that. Stat!

Sarah R said...

I'm not a tvaholic (nice word...lol) but I do have a major aversion to sweating. I'm very sedentary and need to change that. Stat!