Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scared, Nervous, Excited

Mr. R and I are racking our brains trying to figure out what to do.
He has been out on the road for two weeks, and has only made $150 for our family. That is just awful, awful, awful. We can't live on that.
I decided to see if there were any positions open at the hospital near me. I actually work for the hospital that is in Orlando, about 45 miles away.
The one that is closer to me has positions open in the evening and weekends. And the supervisor is my very first boss from when I started at Orlando.
She said she'd have me back in a heartbeat. I am suddenly reeling with information overload...second job? At another hospital? Mr. R not driving a truck anymore?
Mr. R says he'll come home for good, and he'll get a part time job to supplement also.
Is this crazy? How am I going to be able to finish school? I guess I'll study on my lunch breaks. How much sleep does a person really need anyway?

3 comments:

mom2nji said...

I am sorry about Mr.job, you know we feel your If you think you can handle the second job, I say go for it! You could come home to dh everyday!!!
Has he looked into local driving? Scwanz (sp), Bud, UPS? I will be praying for peace no matter what happenS!

Sarah R said...

Girl, we have tried so many local jobs. The competition is fierce. He never gets called back, and the man has 8 years of experience driving the lower 48.
Yes, what I'm looking for is peace. Amen.

Elspeth said...

Praying for your family, Sarah. I know so many families are having to deal with the job market right now.

As for sleep deprivation? Try to get some rest when you can, even at times you wouldn't normally consider sleeping, if you need to.