Pages

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Memory Lane

My mom surprised me yesterday. She and my stepdad came over with fresh apples picked from northern Georgia, and a huge, stinky Rubbermaid tote. What was it, you ask? All of my grandparents photo albums. Dating back to about the 1920s or 30s, and ending abruptly in 1993 when my grandmother died. My mom couldn't deal with the stink (both my grandparents smoked) and so they sit in my house, stinking mine up instead.
I don't have this listed on my page as one of my hobbies, but I am in fact a scrapbooker. I don't get to scrapbook as often as I'd like, considering how busy my life is, but I do enjoy it. I have one for Missy and Tiger, but have never even started Bucket's, and he's ten years old. So I am very far behind. Hopefully next week when I'm on vacation, I can put a dent in some scrapbooking, not only preserving my grandparent's past, but mine as well.
I will scan some cool photos in days to come.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

YAY!!! I love scanning photos... have fun!