Pages

Sunday, July 22, 2018

What Next?

To me, these days feel like strange times to me.  I'm not actively looking to find or change jobs.  My marriage is secure and we enjoy each other's company.  My children are grown (although not really doing too many grown up things, but I'm sure that will come.)  These days, my husband is looking to change from over the road driving to local work (interview tomorrow!) and for us to spend more time together as a couple.  We're looking for fun things to do in Central Florida that are not theme park oriented and working on sprucing up the back yard to become an intimate party haven for our friends and family.

Maybe this is something that just comes to couples in their forties, but we really enjoy spending time at home together, grilling out, sitting on our porch, while our puppies frolic around us and we avoid drama.  He wants to garden, I want to read.  We spend time together, but also apart, and contentment is the order of the day.  As I am writing this, he's in the garage working on a project, while I ran a load of dishes, one of the laundry, and about to start grading some papers for my second job.

I got my hair done again (every two months, I try to be consistent!) and like I said in my birthday post back in May, I think I've found my look.  I did rose gold again (with a few darker pink stripes thrown in) and kept to my inverted lob.

Even grown out, it looked pretty good.  I also got new glasses again.  One of these days, I will spring for Lasik.

I can always tells when I need a cut because I get frizzy on the ends.

Off to my stylist!

Yeah.  She's kind of amazing.  I got a cut and my hair looks longer!  Of course, she straightened it for me.  One of these days, I will get a straightener.

Yes,  I love this.  I feel refreshed!

I also did this...this helped to remove some of the bulk and help my hair look longer.

Of course I had to wear a pink shirt to show off my new pink hair.

Cubicle light doing nothing for me here.

Friday morning vibes.  I'm ready to gooooooo.

Off to a seminar on Saturday morning.
What kind of activities do you like to do with your husband?  Hubs and I are considering taking up bike riding.  We both have bikes already, and Central Florida has lots of great trails.  Also, there is an ecotourism push to connect all the trails in Central Florida so they go across the entire state from coast to coast (meaning, East Coast Atlantic Ocean to West Coast Gulf of Mexico.)  It's a great way to get in shape and spend time together!  I'm a Disney lover but it's so expensive and my husband is not a theme park fan.

No comments: