Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2018

No Excuse But Then Again, I Don't Need One

I have not logged into this blog in six months.

It's been a very long, trying, sad six months.

In six months, my daughter has been back and forth to rehab three times.
She's been to jail three times too.
She's actually still in rehab right now.

My son broke his engagement to his girlfriend of many years and is now seeing someone else (I do actually like the new young lady.)

My husband lost his job, leaving me the sole breadwinner of our household.  He just started work again this week and I'm grateful.

Due to the sadness and lack of money, I gained back most of the weight I lost, because cheap food is bad food.  But I'm back on track as of May 1 and I've lost 15 pounds and more importantly, my blood sugar is doing much better.

I find a lot of comfort in God, and I thank Him for bringing me to the job I have now.  It brings me a lot of personal satisfaction.  It's hard to believe that I'm coming up on two years with them.  Despite the long commute, I really love what I do.  I've also been blessed to just recently sign paperwork to start teaching medical coding online!  I can't even fathom this.  In 2014 I couldn't get anyone to give me a chance in the career I wanted.  Now my inbox is full, my phone rings off the hook, and I feel like a confused squirrel in traffic, chasing to chase all the nuts!

But just to prove that I'm truly alive, here's a fairly recent picture of me.


I hope all of you out there are doing better than I have recently.  I find a lot of comfort in the book of Job; I feel so many afflictions coming down on me, but I will not stop praising His name.  Even though all of my pain, He is mighty to save.

No comments: