Pages

Friday, February 1, 2019

Who Dis?

Yeah, so it's been four long months since I've logged in.  Whoops!  My daughter got out of jail in late September, got a job, and promptly fell right back into her drug abuse.  On her own accord, she decided to go back to rehab.  So she's out of the house, and my husband and I have sworn that she will never live with us again.  We have lost every single spoon to her heroin use, plus her coming in and out all time of the night, leaving doors unlocked and our home vulnerable...no thanks.  After rehab, she will be going to live in a sober living facility and at that point, figure out her own life.  She will be 24 this year....TWENTY FOUR!  It's not my job to take care of her anymore, she has to learn to do this herself.  I'll always be praying for her, and talk to her, but I do not ever want to live with her again.  Already, the house is so much more peaceful and serene.  I hated coming home when she lived with us, but I'm back to loving my house again.  It seems so sad.  I'd love to have an adult relationship with her but I can't do that until she's clean and sober.  I don't want to enable her and I won't lower my standards. 

What else is going on?  Still working at the same place, of course I still love it there and I'm smiling most mornings that I walk in; hey, when I get stuck in traffic sometimes I'm a bit grumpy.  I'm loving my second job as an online professor too.  In fact, I'm now coming in Thursdays for hands-on tutoring and teaching two classes, plus I'm getting a third one added on in two weeks.  The extra money is all going toward the debt we incurred with my daughter's addiction, and after we are done paying all that off, will go into our savings (of which we have very little, thanks to her.)

Oh, and I'm a semi-blonde again.  Hard to keep up, isn't it?



The boys are doing well.  Husband loves his new job, he's now an instructor for semi driving.  My oldest boy, Tiger, will be 22 in April (how the heck....) and is getting his commercial drivers license.  The youngest, Bucket, is kind of at a standstill, but I was so busy trying to keep his sister alive that he fell by the wayside.  Attention is back on him now, and he's attempting to finish high school in spite of his learning disability. 

I hope all of you are doing well and keeping out of trouble!

No comments: