Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

The Times, They Are A-Changing


July 1st is this Saturday, and one of the biggest changes of my life is quickly approaching.

My son and his girlfriend fiancee are moving out!  I knew the day would come, and I even suspected that Tiger would be the first one to leave.  (I also stated he would be the first to get married and give me a grandbaby, and I seem to be on track here as well).  There are mountains of boxes in my hallway, tempers are flaring due to the stress, but I'm happy for them to move out and move on.  It's normal, I remember loving my first place even though it was kind of a dump.  This rental is no exception, but they put down a deposit without ever asking me what I thought (and they don't have to ask me, they're adults who make their own decisions) and so my job is to put stuff in my car and drive it over.  Will I miss them?  Yes and no.  Tiger ended up being my rock, the kid I could depend on while his daddy is on the road.  It's going to be weird not having him around to run to the store for me, do a load of dishes, and let the dogs out to pee.  But I'm over listening to my son and his girlfriend fiancee fight over ridiculous crap like who finished the ranch dressing and missing socks.  You can go do that in your own place, thankyouverymuch!

I'm sitting at home today due to a dead battery in my car, and I'm not happy because I'm out of PTO and I totally cannot afford to sit at home.  Now I'm going to have to work late once this battery gets recharged.  I was supposed to go to the gym with my sister and I had to cancel on her.

Speaking of gym, I have not been doing great.  I had a good knee injury back in April, and I've been suffering ever since.  My new PCP has told me, in the nicest way possible, that I'm really too fat to run and I need to do other things that are more gentle to my body.  Well, I didn't listen, and now I'm hurting so bad I can hardly walk.  I've been doing Aquafit in the pool and I like that a lot, but the pain continues.  I even went to the emergency room because I thought I might have a blood clot in my leg, but that was ruled out.  So the suffering continues.  However, I haven't put on any weight and I've been maintaining the weight loss, so that makes me pretty happy.

This is me literally right now, wishing my car would start.




Hair is seriously jacked up these days.  I have an appointment on Friday for...get this...keratin, cut, color.  My hair is long enough for a ponytail again after I just got that short pixie back in October.  I can't deal with this mushroom stage my hair goes through, so my stylist suggested Keratin.

Was actually just trying to take a picture of the new lipstick to send to my Younique consultant, Ashley.  It's the same color I'm wearing in the first picture, it's called Sumptuous and it's a delightful coral/watermelon summery color that I just love.  It's really long lasting and I had it on for about 12 hours before I would have needed to reapply.  I don't wear makeup in the house though so there is no point in reapplying.  


Have a great day!

No comments: